Patatesli Cig Kofte Recipe


I know, I know, again it's been long time that I haven't wrote, but the blogspot was restricted in Turkey and I was in a diet, by the way, I lost 4 kg :)) If I have kept cooking, I wouldn't be able to lose weight, I need to lose still 4 kg more but I cant do long months diet.
Today is Sunday, I am at home, lazy and I was watching a TV channel which is showing traditional turkish foods, I saw it there and wanted to try, I presumed it would be amazing, and yes! it is great, easy to do and tasty. Çiğ mean raw, the original çiğ köfte is made by raw meat, it's not cooked, the meat cook with kneading by a lot of hot pepper, long hours it need to be kneaded with hot. This is alternative veggie, more healthy and same tasty recipe from Antakya, a city in Turkey, near Syria border.

Ingredients

1 cup bulghur, small grain (200 gr)
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
4 medium potatoes
2 table spoon tomato paste
1 table spoon hot pepper paste
1 table spoon pomegranate molasses
Salt
Black Pepper
Cumin
Red pepper
Basil
Olive oil

Wash the bulghur with cold water and drain well; knead it with all ingredients except potatoes while the potatoes are boiling on the fire.
We need to knead bulghur finely if not it would be so crusty as we didn't cook the bulghur.


After it get a bit softer, blend boiled potatoes, it should be like puree, and add on the bulghur knead well, when I tasted I felt it need more tomato paste so I added a bit more, you can also add whatever you like, it needed to be knead well and the color should be homogeneous.

Then shape them with little olive oil as you wish and put some parsley on it, it is ready!

Bon Appétit.

Comments