Om Ali- Egyptian Dessert


I know it is been long time but I was so moody and didn't feel to cook or do anything else, but I am back to life. :)
There are too many recipes in my inbox and please forgive me that I don't think I will be able to read all, they are more than 5000. :)
I had this dessert in Dubai and loved it, easy to make, tasty and light dessert which I like.
By the way, Om Ali means "mum of Ali" :)

Ingredients

1 package frozen puff pastry
5 cups of milk
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1/4 cup sweetened, flaked coconut

Preheat the oven, unroll the puff pastry sheets and place flat on a baking sheet, bake until puffed and golden brown. Break the puff pastry into pieces and place in your cooking bowls. Add the raisins, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, and coconut equal to all bowls.
Pour the milk into a saucepan and stir in the sugar and vanilla. Heat until hot but not quite boiling. Pour it equally to all bowls.
Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve warm.

Bon Appétit.

Comments